Winter may not seem like the most urgent time to be worrying about your lawn, but in order to prepare for the greenest lawn you’ve ever seen, we’d love to help you plan ahead and get on our schedule for 2019 treatments! Call now and we can make sure you have the greenest yard on the block.
for our affordable Kansas City Lawn Care service plan — an average of just $35/service!
Meet our Lawn Care experts that will give you the Greenest Yard On The Block:
Interested in a bid for commercial lawn care services in Kansas City? Charlie will work with you one-on-one to come up with a customizable treatment plan for the size of your business!
About our lawn care service program
- Early Spring Application: A granular application of fertilizer to green lawn up and a pre-emergent to help prevent grassy weeds like crabgrass and foxtail.
- Mid-Spring Application: Broadleaf weed control is applied to control weeds like dandelions and clover.
- Late Spring Application: A slow-release fertilizer that feeds the lawn throughout the summer months. A booster application of pre-emergent to help control grassy weeds like crabgrass and foxtail. Spot treatment for broadleaf weeds as needed.
- Insect Control: A granular application that controls insects damaging the top of the turf and grub control. Provides season long control against grub damage.
- Summer Application: Application of fertilizer to help turf sustain good root growth during the long summer
- Late Summer Application: Application of fertilizer to help rebuild turf after summer stress.
- Winterizer: The most important fertilizer application of the year. A heavy application of nitrogen fertilizer to build a large food reserve for spring and early summer use. This will ensure earlier spring green-up, better-than-normal color, better rooting, and fewer spring diseases.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES WE PROVIDE
1. Core Aeration
Core aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores out of the lawn. The best time to aerate cool-season lawns of tall fescue and Kentucky bluegrass is in late August to mid-September. Warm season lawns like Bermuda grass and zoysia grass are best aerated during June and July, as this is their period of rapid growth. Core aeration can benefit your lawn by:
Verti-slicing involves the slicing of the soil approximately ¼ inch deep to allow the seed to take root easier. Typically recommended for lawns with bare spots or for total renovation.
Spot seeding to total renovation with a variety of seed available specifically developed for the Kansas City area. We recommend fall seeding. The fall and winter months allow ample moisture and good temperatures for the young grass to grow. The summer heat is tough on most varieties of grass.
We know you have a lot of options, so why choose Gunter Pest & Lawn?
- We’ve been in business as a locally-owned and family-operated business since 1950!
- We’re dedicated to keeping your lawn and our carbon footprint on the greenest level possible! Go, Gunter, Go GREEN!
- We’re your neighbor! We only have one location – we aren’t a nationwide or regional chain. Instead, we’ve been camped out in Waldo Kansas City for over 30 years and in business for nearly 70!