If termites are discovered, Gunter offers two types of termite remedial treatments. One is a traditional liquid barrier treatment using Termidor, and sometimes combining this treatment with a spot boric acid application and a spot foam application. We are also an authorized Operator of the Sentricon® System in which we place monitoring stations outside the home and uses a bait to eliminate the termites once they enter the stations. This type of treatment is considered more environmentally friendly than the conventional method.Termites cause over $6 billion of damage annually in the U.S. alone.
Termidor® termiticide/insecticide is a professional termite defense product effective on native subterranean termites, Formosan termites, and dry wood termites. It utilizes an advanced nonrepellent, or “undetectable,” liquid technology that termites cannot see, smell, taste, or avoid. Instead, they contact, ingest, and share Termidor, completely unaware that doing so will inevitably kill them.
Real Estate Inspections
Gunter provides a sense of security whether you are buying or selling your home. Our inspectors have been with us for over 25 years and genuinely provide knowledge and service unmatched. Gunter Pest Management is Kansas City’s #1 Termite Inspection company. Why do so many realtors and buyers choose Gunter to perform this important service?
- We have five experienced inspectors. This ensures that we have the flexibility to book your appointment when you request it.
- All of our inspectors are Certified, which is the highest level of training in the Pest Control Industry. As of 2006, both Kansas and Missouri have state laws that require the termite inspector to be certified. Gone are the days when Home Inspectors or anyone else can perform termite real estate inspections who do not have their Certified Applicators License. All Gunter Inspectors have over 12 years of experience and have performed thousands of inspections.
- We issue a 120-day inspection warranty to buyers of homes that have no active signs of termites on the day of inspection.
- We give a discount coupon to the buyer for general pest control in their new home.
- As a courtesy to buyers, we provide information regarding evidence of general insects and rodents.
Subterranean termites build fascinating and distinctive tunnels, often referred to as “mud tubes.” These pests then manage to reach food sources while still protecting themselves from any open air. They use their scissor-like jaws to eat wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Like other termite species, subterranean termites also feed on products containing cellulose. Subterranean termites love to have parties and swarm in the spring when groups of reproductive termites, looking for love, go off to start new colonies.
Subterranean termites live in underground colonies with as many as two million members. They are also found in moist, secluded areas aboveground.
Subterranean termites are by far the most destructive termite species. The hard, saw-toothed jaws of termites work like shears and are able to bite off extremely small fragments of wood, one piece at a time. Over time, they can collapse a building entirely, meaning possible financial ruin for a homeowner. If you suspect a termite infestation, contact a Gunter pest professional about subterranean termite treatment.