Looking for fireworks and fun things to do this Fourth of July 2018 in the Kansas City and surrounding areas? We were busy here and Gunter and researched top activities for your mid-week holiday celebrations!
Fireworks July 3rd:
Fireworks Show for Fairway, Westwood, Roeland Park, etc:
- When: Dusk
- Where: St. Agnes Athletic Field, 5250 Mission Road, Roeland Park, Kansas, 66205
- Free event. A firework show between Roeland Park, Fairway, Mission Woods, Westwood, and Westwood Hills. Attendees should bring Lawn chairs and blankets and walk if possible due to the limited parking.
- When: 7-10pm
- Where: The Great Lawn at 18th & Vine (Behind the Museums)
- What to Expect: Featuring FREE music by THE SEQUEL and the LARGEST Fireworks display in KC!
- When: 6-10:30pm
- Where: Fountain Bluff Sports Complex, 2200 E Old MO-210, Liberty, Missouri, 64068
- What to Expect: The City of Liberty and the Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce for Liberty Fest, an evening of family fun and fireworks
fourth of July Fun In Kansas City – Fireworks On July 4th:
- When: 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Mission Road and W. 77th Street, Prairie Village, Kansas, 66208
- What: Entertainment for all ages. Pie baking contest.
Fourth of July Parade in Parkville:
- When: 9:30-11:30 am
- Where: Parkville Presbyterian Church, 819 Main St, Parkville MO
- Come on down to PPC to experience the splendor of Parkville’s Independence Day parade.
- When:10 amm
- Where: Old town Lenexa. The parade begins on Santa Fe Trail Drive and Park Street and ends on Pflumm Road, traveling to 90th Place, Noland Road and 94th Street
- What to Expect: A parade to celebrate Independence Day in old town Lenexa
- When: 6-10pm (parade starts at 6, fireworks at 9)
- Where: KCPL Service Center, 19950 Newton Street, Stillwell, Kansas
- When: 6-9:45 p.m.
- Where: Leawood City Park, 10601 Lee Boulevard, Leawood, Kansas, 66211
- Leawood City Park will be the site for a variety of new and traditional family festivities. Enjoy some great entertainment, participate in games and enjoy a variety of food vendors.
- When: 5-10pm
- Where: Corporate Woods Founders’ Park, 9711 W. 109th Street, Overland Park, Kansas, 66210
- What: ive music, food trucks, firework show. Bring lawn chairs and blankets. Fireworks start at 9:45 p.m.
- When: 5:30-10:30pm
- Where: Kaufmann Stadium
- What to Expect: Spend your Fourth of July at The K! Watch the Royals take on the Indians and enjoy our postgame Fireworks Spectacular
- Must have Tickets to the game
- When: 4-10pm
- Where: Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park, 1298 Riverfront Drive, Kansas City, Missouri, 64101
- What: Fireworks, two stages of music, family-friendly entertainment with activities, food vendors and refreshing beverages.
- Cost – free but $10 for parking untilthe lot is full
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts presents Red, White and Bluegrass:
- When: 7-10pm
- What: Celebration of country music, featuring Lee Greenwood and Jamie Dailey and Darrin Vincent.
Where: Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, 1601 Broadway Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri, 64108
- Cost: Ranges $39-$69
Fireworks July 5th:
Olathe Family Fun night (continuation of 1860’s Independence Day Celebration):
- When: 6-10pm
- Where: 1860s firework celebration, parade, concert, entertainment and more.
- What: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm, 1200 E. Kansas City Road, Olathe, Kansas, 66061
**For more Fourth of July fireworks and event info across Kansas City, head to KMBC
Food Deals July 3-4th:
Einstein Bros: “Staycationers” get a buy-one-get-one FREE breakfast or lunch sandwich.
Fogo de Chao: Kids eat FREE June 30 through July 4 with the purchase of a full-priced adult meal.
McCormick & Schmicks: $1 oysters and shrimp on July 4 in the bar and extended happy hour (until closing).
Quiznos: Get buy-one-get-one FREE BBQ pulled pork sub (choose from Southern Style or Spicy Chipotle) from July 1 to 8. The offer is only available via the Quiznos Toasty Points loyalty app.
Read more deals at Kansascityonthecheap.com