Prior to treatment, we must inspect your property to determine if bed bugs are in one or multiple rooms. We usually do this a few days before performing the actual treatment, that way we may block out enough time. Here is what to expect during a bed bug treatment.
The 7 Steps Of Gunter’s Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Step 2: We bring our thermal remediation heaters into each room and lock the wheels.
Step 3: We set up large fans and temperature guides for proper airflow and temperature control.
Step 4: Once room the room temperature rises to 118 degrees or above, we then start the process of rotating the furniture to make sure heat hits all sides.
Step 5: We install sprinkler guards if the customer has a sprinkler system.
Step 6: We stretch all power cables out and securely fasten them together in a neat and orderly matter.
Step 7: After the thermal remediation heat treatment is complete, we then proceed with a chemical spot treatment.
Gunter Pest Bed Bug Treatment Video
What Happens during a routine bed bug inspection?
- Using a flashlight and flat-edged object, inspect nightstand and dressers. Empty out each drawer, and examine the cracks and joints of the drawers. Don’t forget to turn drawers over and inspect the bottoms.
- Inspect curtains, around window and door frames, around the ceiling (especially in the corners of the room), behind loose wallpaper, behind outlet covers, under lamps, inside and behind picture frames, and inside alarm clocks and other electronics. See our infographic below for heavy hitter bed bug hangout locations you won’t want to miss.
- Inspect around the bed near the piping, seams, and tags of the mattress and box spring, and in cracks on the bed frame and headboard.
- Inspect the seams of chairs and couches and between cushions.
- Since bed bugs are only about the width of a credit card, they can squeeze into really small hiding spots. If a crack will hold a credit card, it could hide a bed bug. Use this crack rule of thumb and inspect all cracks and crevices.
Pro Tip: we highly recommend you personally perform this very same bed bug inspection before sleeping in a hotel room or before signing a lease on a new home or apartment.