National Pest Management Association published a few ideas for keeping your home and have a pest-free Christmas tree around the holidays, and we want to spread the word!
Christmas Tree Pest Facts
Did You Know? According to SaferBrand, 33 million real trees are sold across the U.S. each year, and there could be up to 25,000 bugs in just one tree!
“Spiders, rodents, ants, and occasional invaders will often nest in trees, wreaths, and garlands, so it’s important that homeowners thoroughly inspect these items and clear them of any concerning debris before bringing them inside,” says Cindy Mannes of NPMA.
Holiday Pest Control Tips
Below are a few tips suggested by NPMA for identifying and eliminating pests before they hitchhike through your door on the back of a tree or other holiday decorations:
- Carefully inspect live, fresh-cut trees, wreaths, and garlands for spiders, insect nests or eggs before purchasing.
- Shake greenery outdoors to remove any pests before bringing them inside.
- Unpack ornaments and decorations outdoors so that any pests hiding inside aren’t released into the home.
- When it’s time to take down the tree, do not place it near your home, as this can attract mice, termites, and other pests.
Other pest control tips from us:
- If you decide to buy a fake tree or other holiday decor from a thrift store, make sure to highly inspect each branch and wash any fabric decor in hot water before bringing it inside.
- If you suspect an infestation or are interested in preventative treatment. Call us at 816-444-2847 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Don’t Miss Our Winter Pest Control Special!
Exciting news! Save up to $40 with our winter pest control special. Save on our annual pest control plan if you sign up and pre-pay before February 1st.
- $40 off our Diamond Quarterly Pest Prevention Service — includes free callbacks, all-inclusive service for one year.
- $20 off our “One-Shot Pest Prevention” Service — includes a 6-month warranty, callbacks are $35.
Wishing you a pest-free home full of merry memories this holiday from your local family-owned pest control firm since 1950!